Need to manage wet waste? Squeezed for space? Our small self-contained compactors deliver among the largest compaction forces in the waste equipment industry—all on a compact footprint. We’ll even customize yours to suit the unique needs of your application.
What’s more, we design and manufacture a high-quality self-contained compactor that will stand the test of time. It’s why we can confidently deliver the industry’s best warranty (five years).
Regardless of your project—from motels, quick-serve chains, and department stores to health clinics and nursing homes—people, just like you, count on us for small compactors that deliver big.
Our 0.5 yard self-contained compactor with 9 cubic yard container features quality construction, including:
- The industry’s only secondary bottom rear door lock to prevent leakage
- Fully-sealed, side hinged clean-out door and top access panel for ease of cylinder maintenance and cleaning
- Bypass cylinders for extended life
- Replaceable 1/2″ UHMW nylon on all sides, tops, and bottoms for smooth, quiet, near-frictionless operation and extended life
- Weatherproof control panel and power pack
- Phosphatize-cleaned, primed, and painted inside and out to look better, longer
Our electrical and hydraulic system is second to none. It includes:
- PLC-controlled power unit to prevent short stroking and compactor arm damage
- Submersible power unit for continuous lubrication
- Synthetic biodegradable hydraulic oil to support your commitment to sustainability
- Industry’s highest quality UL and ETL listed components
- E-stop button
- Multi-cycle timer
- Remote control
- Automatic single cycle
- Reverse button
- 80% and 100% full lights
- Automatic shutdown
- Keyed override switch
- Moveable left or right side hydraulic and electrical connections
The container itself features:
- Ratchet latch door closer
- Heavy duty hinges with grease fittings
- Exclusive side or bottom ratchet door and latch system
This self-contained compactor conforms to all ANSI Z 245.2 safety standards.
Here’s the lowdown on our smallest self-contained compactor.
Download our spec sheet
||9 cubic yards
||1/2 cubic yards
||20 1/2" x 28 1/2" x 29 1/2"
||20 1/2" x 29 1/2"
|Twin bypass cylinders
||2 1/2" x 20" x 1 1/2"
|Hydraulic cylinder mounts
||1/2″ steel plate
||1/2″ steel AR plate
||1/4″ steel plate with 3″ x 2 1/4″ structural steel tubing
||6″ x 6″ x 1/2″ with retaining teeth
||3/16″ steel plate with 4″ x 2″ x 1/4″ structural steel tubing
|Container sides and top
||3/16″ steel plate
||Full 3/4″ thick
|Max line pressure
|Max ram force
||5 HP/Tri-Volt, 3 Phase
|App. shipping weight
(All measurements are outside dimensions)
We believe in the compactors we've designed and manufactured. It's why we can confidently offer the industry's best warranty.
Nedland Compactor Warranty